Humanity Rising Day 178 – Friday February 5, 2021
|Navigation||Videos-Chats-Resources||Presenters||Humanity Rising Day Pages||Yesterday||Categories|
Thrive - a deep dive into the movies and movement
When the first Thrive movie was released in 2011 it created quite a stir. People in the consciousness and sustainability movements found themselves torn between agreeing with much of the goals and concepts, and disagreeing with the analysis of the cause of the problems (a conspiratorial elite) and the governance solutions (scaling back government and a radical decentralisation of power). Their questioning of the scale of human impact on climate change also ruffled lots of feathers.
Recently Thrive II was released describing some of the real technologies that could be used to get us through our current transition, and then looking at why they are not in the mainstream yet. The attacks on the UN and the climate movement are toned down, but the essential proposal is still that centralised power in governments and big corporations is the problem, and that “voluntaryism” founded on the “non-aggression principle” is the way to go.
For some people it may sound like a far-out conspiracy theory, but as Joe Martino from Collective Evolution points out, it is important not to dismiss something just because it is branded a conspiracy. He uses the term “conspireality” to urge us on the one hand to be more critical about the evidence behind claimed conspiracies, while continuing to look into patterns that seem to have some validity to them.
In this session, Peter Merry hosts Marshall Lefferts who has worked closely with the Thrive team, to discuss some of these issues and see if we can discover why the Thrive proposals trigger people, what any blind spots might be in the proposals and what the best way might be to relate to the movies and movement.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University, with Sabinije von Gaffke, Entrepreneur, Change Leader, Founder, Impactfullness Ventures
Community - Ethics - Industry - Culture - Human Habitats - Personal Development
Videos Chats & Resources of HR Day 178
|Videos||Today's HR Video Recording||ChatPeople Video Gallery View||ChatPeople Video Speaker View|
|Chats||Humanity Rising Chat||ChatPeople Chat|
|Resources||Ubiquity Link for Day 178||"Humanity_Rising_Chat_Resources"#Week 1 2 3 4|
Humanity Rising Links
|HR 1-10||HR 11-20||HR 21-30||HR 31-40||HR 41-50||HR 51-60|
|HR 61-70||HR 71-83||HR 84-100||HR 101-110||HR 111-120||HR 121-130|
|HR 131-140||HR 141-150||HR 151-160||HR 161-170||HR 171-180||HR 181-190|
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218