Shapes that Shape Us
- --- Humanity Rising Day 265 - Tuesday June 8, 2021 (GoTo Bottom)
|Videos||Today's HR Video Recording||ChatPeople Video Gallery View||ChatPeople Video Speaker View|
|Chats||Humanity Rising Chat||ChatPeople Chat|
|Resources||Ubiquity Link for Day 265 Alt Alt2|
The Peace Lab is an experiment in Peace. We explore the assumptions and beliefs that underscore our current reality in our search for those that resonate the frequency of peace. In yoga, we set an intention from which we work the “edge” in order to create peace. In the Peace Lab, we take yoga off the mat and into our lives. During our session, The Shapes that Shape Us, Lesley Southwick-Trask and Kurt Kreuger, in dialogue with Lois Stark and Claudia Welss, will explore the influence shapes have on us, as a species, and us, on them.
In something as simple as shape, we can read the past and catch the future. The very shape of our shelters, social systems, and sacred sites reveals how humans understood the world in different eras. The Web worldview of indigenous cultures showed itself in round thatched huts and sacred stone circles. The Ladder mindset of settled humans evolved from pyramids to skyscrapers, with power at the top. Today’s Network capacities return us to a connective, participatory world. What’s next? New shapes are emerging, informed by space exploration and the ability to measure the coherence of peace, that can enlarge our lens and offer new paths to access peace.
- Lois Farfel Stark is an Emmy Award-winning producer of documentary films and author of The Telling Image: Shapes of Changing Times. Her documentaries covered architecture, medical research, globalization, artists and social issues. With NBC News, she covered tensions and transitions in Liberia, Abu Dhabi, Israel, South Africa, Northern Ireland, Cuba and throughout the USA. Her TEDx talk is titled, Shape: Hiding in Plain Sight. She has been a trustee of Sarah Lawrence College, the Alley Theatre, Texas Children’s Hospital, St. John’s School, and is on Harvard Kennedy School’s Women’s Leadership Board.
- Claudia Welss is a citizen scientist and Chairman of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS), founded by Apollo 14 astronaut and sixth man to walk on the moon, Captain Ed Mitchell. Her collaboration with IONS started decades ago when IONS President Willis Harman invited her to join a five-year “Peace-building Through Business” inquiry at the Fetzer Institute while she was at the University of California, Berkeley Haas School of Business pioneering social responsibility and sustainability curriculum for global corporations. She chairs the IONS board science committee, and is on the boards of HeartMath’s Global Coherence Initiative (GCI) and Space for Humanity ("To Space, For Earth"). Claudia is also founding Chair of Invest in Yourself at Nexus Global, bringing practical consciousness research to a community of NextGen philanthropists, impact investors, social entrepreneurs, activists and influencers focused on global transformation, and is a cofounder of the Global Coherence Pulse, a new social experiment in collective coherence backed by science. She contributes to a Space Braintrust for the UNSDGs, is an executive producer of the award-winning Edgar Mitchell Overview Effect Virtual Reality Experience (2020) and the upcoming film, The Space Less Traveled (2022). Claudia is a contributing author with other Evolutionary Leaders to the 2020 Gold Nautilus Award-winning anthology, Our Moment of Choice, published by Beyond Words/Simon and Schuster.
- Lesley Southwick-Trask is a cultural anthropologist specializing in global regeneration. As a strategist, Lesley has led large-scale transformational initiatives in over 500 organizations and communities where she integrates evolutionary science with U Theory to create breakthrough pathways for regeneration. She stepped away from her corporate life in 2010 to host pilgrims at her international hostel/café - the Quinta Estrada Romana on the Portuguese Camino de Santiago. COVID-19 brought Lesley back to Canada where she continues to challenge and revolutionize the status quo as a writer, broadcaster, strategist, and most recently, as Chief Development Officer for Ubiquity University and Humanity Rising. Decision CodeX, a revolutionary decision-making process using the energy body, will be her fourth book, following her award-winning non-fiction, Turning It Around – How 10 Canadian Organizations Changed Their Fortune; Leadership Gurus Speak Out and The Roadmap to Success with Deepak Chopra and Ken Blanchard. Lesley is the co-founder of the Peace Lab.
- Kurt Krueger, Moderator, is a global citizen serving a regenerative society and life on our planet. He founded the Institute of Sports Psychology and Success Systems International in the early 1980’s, and is the Inspirit of the Peace Lab. He is a polymath, philosopher, explorer, alchemist for love, and pragmatic futurist. Since the 70s, Kurt has led programs on 5 continents for elite athletes/coaches and educational institutions. He has taught in the ghettos of Los Angeles for 40+ years and was on a hijacked airplane, all of which led to his offering of stress management programs at the UN and Oxford U. Medical School. Kurt has written the Best-Selling series, Winning Ways for Living, and he co-produces the Peace Lab’s productions for Humanity Rising.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University
To make a voluntary contribution to support the partner organizations and the Humanity Rising team, please see our contribution form.
Each Zoom live webinar will have a maximum capacity of 500 participants. If you are not able to join on Zoom, we will be live streaming here on the UbiVerse and on:
UU Facebook: ::https://www.facebook.com/UbiquityUniversityOnline::
UU YouTube: ::https://www.youtube.com/c/UbiquityUniversity::
|Navigation||Videos-Chats-Resources||Presenters||Humanity Rising Day Pages||Yesterday||Categories|
Humanity Rising Links
|HR 1-10||HR 11-20||HR 21-30||HR 31-40||HR 41-50||HR 51-60|
|HR 61-70||HR 71-83||HR 84-100||HR 101-110||HR 111-120||HR 121-130|
|HR 131-140||HR 141-150||HR 151-160||HR 161-170||HR 171-180||HR 181-190|
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218