Homo Novus: The New Man of Wisdom and Heart
- --- Humanity Rising Day 219 - Monday April 5, 2021 (GoTo Bottom)
|Videos||Today's HR Video Recording||ChatPeople Video Gallery View||ChatPeople Video Speaker View|
|Chats||Humanity Rising Chat||ChatPeople Chat|
|Resources||Ubiquity Link for Day 219 Alt||Info: How To Access Humanity Rising||List: Humanity Rising Day Pages|
This is the first in a series of 5 panels being convened to discuss Homo Novus - the New Man emerging in society to meet and change the challenges of patriarchy, hierarchy, and the masculine domination model that has been dominant in Western Societies for too long. A new vision of men and masculinity is being born. This series highlights the many initiatives that are transforming the vision of what a man is, who he can be, and what he can do. The modern Men’s Movement is as wide and varied as the Women’s Movement. It began as a response to women’s empowerment circles in the early 1970’s, and has evolved steadily through the decades. There are many flavors and styles of men’s work, including those who focus on men’s rights (especially divorced fathers), mythopoetic exploration, masculine archetype embodiment, social projects, initiation programs, and many others.
The biological and historical reality is that men need each other. We can form bonds and work on ourselves in the presence of other men in a way that cannot be done in the presence of women. Our Western society reinforces competition and separation between men, and men’s groups reverse this trend and bring men together through cooperation, collaboration and mutual support.
- Panels are led by Lion Goodman, PCC, a co-founder of The Tribe of Men, creator of the Ultimate Men’s Summit, author of Menlightenment and Creating On Purpose, and founder of the Clear Beliefs Institute which offers trainings to coaches, therapists and healers in transformational and therapeutic coaching.
In this first panel, Lion is joined by four other co-founders of the Tribe of men: Keith Merron, Ph.D., Tim Kelley, M.S., Michael Lipson, and Steve Tennant.
- Lion Goodman is an executive coach and the founder of the Clear Beliefs Institute which offers trainings to coaches, therapists and healers on transformational and therapeutic coaching. He is the author of Creating On Purpose.
- Keith Merron is the founder of Leadership Pathways, an organizational development and consulting firm, and the author of The Art of Transformational Coaching.
- Tim Kelley is the author of True Purpose. He helps leaders and organizations find their purpose and evolve into a new paradigm of business.
- Michael Lipson is an executive coach and business consultant, having consulted to more than 300 companies in Silicon Valley. He has been an investment banker, an interim CEO, and is currently a partner at Evryman, a worldwide men’s organization.
- Steve Tennant is a Customer Experience and Strategy Consultant to B2B tech companies. He is a change management and program management expert, helping companies connect more deeply with their customers.
Recommended Reading & Links
- King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine, by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
- The King Within: Accessing the King in the Male Psyche, by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
- Iron John: A Book About men, by Robert Bly
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University
|Navigation||Videos-Chats-Resources||Presenters||Humanity Rising Day Pages||Yesterday||Categories|
Humanity Rising Links
|HR 1-10||HR 11-20||HR 21-30||HR 31-40||HR 41-50||HR 51-60|
|HR 61-70||HR 71-83||HR 84-100||HR 101-110||HR 111-120||HR 121-130|
|HR 131-140||HR 141-150||HR 151-160||HR 161-170||HR 171-180||HR 181-190|
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218