Humanity Rising Day 167 - Thursday January 21, 2021
The Mind, the Self, and the Climate Emergency
Margaret Klein Salamon and Jeremy Lent will discuss how psychology can help us understand the climate emergency, and how by rethinking our conception of self, we can use our minds to help protect humanity and the living world.
Margaret Klein Salamon, PhD, is a clinical psychologist turned climate activist whose work helps people to face the deeply frightening, painful truths of the climate emergency and transform their despair into effective action. She is the founder and President of the Board of The Climate Mobilization and the author of "Facing the Climate Emergency: How to Transform Yourself with Climate Truth"
Jeremy Lent is author of The Patterning Instinct: A Cultural History of Humanity’s Search for Meaning. His upcoming book is The Web of Meaning: Integrating Science and Traditional Wisdom to Find Our Place In the Universe.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University, with Sabinije von Gaffke, Entrepreneur, Change Leader, Founder, Impactfullness Ventures
List of Humanity Rising Day Pages
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218