Art and the Revolution:
We are in revolutionary times. We are no longer in an era of change, we are in a change of eras. Virtually every sector of human concern is in the process of radical change. It is in these times that art bursts forth with prophetic clarity to both reveal the challenges and to point to solutions. This has been ever so. During the French Revolution, it was the opera that was fomenting revolt. In the Russian Revolution, it was poster art. Today, art is multi-dimensional and very social.
In this session, we will talk with three social artists —
- Sally Annett, an artist, producer and author with a specialist interest in collaboration at the intersections of art, science and language, who just completed the exhibition ‘LOCKDOWN 2020’ which focused on COVID, breath and breathing with several international artists.
- David Pearl, opera singer, business consultant who has used artistic expression in his work with companies worldwide and is the founder of Street Wisdom, which empowers ordinary people to see wisdom in their ordinary lives.
- David Woolcombe, social activist and founder of Peace Child, which for decades sought to wake the public up to the nuclear weapons threat and the imperative for peace.
- Esperide Ananas, a member of the Damanhur Community in the Italian Alps which has been part of one of the most extraordinary artistic expressions in modern times — the creation of a massive and complex Temple to Humankind carved out of solid rock inside a mountain.
Humanity Rising Day 124 Monday October 26, 2020
Paste Day From Week
Monday October 26, 2020 Day 124
- Resource Link for Day 124
List of Humanity Rising Day Pages
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218
- -- ----