A Salute to Stan Grof on his 90th Birthday V— Archetypal Astrology: Dialogue with Becca Tarnas, Renn Butler and Will Keepin with Stan and Brigitte Grof
- --- Humanity Rising Day 246 - Wednesday May 12, 2021 (GoTo Bottom)
|Videos||Today's HR Video Recording||ChatPeople Video Gallery View||ChatPeople Video Speaker View|
|Chats||Humanity Rising Chat||ChatPeople Chat|
|Resources||Ubiquity Link for Day 246 Alt Alt2|
Dr. Stanislav Grof, M.D., Ph.D. is a world-renowned pioneer, theoretician, and practitioner of the transformative potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness. His groundbreaking theories have influenced depth psychology, psychiatry, and psychotherapy with his brilliant mapping of the transpersonal and perinatal dimensions of the psyche. Stan is well-known for his seminal work with LSD as a psychotherapeutic tool, beginning with his first LSD session in 1956 followed by his extensive clinical research through the 1960s and early 1970s. His use of LSD and other psychedelic substances in his psychiatric practice foreshadowed today’s widespread recognition that such substances can play an invaluable role in the treatment of many emotional and psychosomatic disorders as well as the alleviation of anxiety concerning the fear of death in terminally ill patients.
Stan was the first person to recognize that the results of LSD use for psychoanalysis were the same as what spiritual teachings have shown for thousands of years regarding non-ordinary states of consciousness. This led to his creating an award-winning cartography of the psyche that coined the term “ holotropic" as characteristic of non-ordinary states of consciousness such as meditative, mystical, or psychedelic experiences, all states which aim towards wholeness and the totality of existence.
For the past 50 years, Stan has continued his exploration of the many states of mind that can be explored without drugs by using certain breathing techniques. This holotropic breathwork (Grof® Breathwork) is an experiential method of self-exploration and psychotherapy that combines and integrates various elements from modern consciousness research, depth psychology, transpersonal psychology, Eastern spiritual philosophies, shamanism and other native healing practices. In May 2020, together with his wife Brigitte Grof, they launched their Grof® Legacy Training where students can develop theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in a large category of non-ordinary states that have a healing, transformative, heuristic, and evolutionary potential.
Stan turns 90 this July 1, Ubiquity University is collaborating with Stan, Brigitte and their Grof Legacy Training to celebrate his enormous contribution to the world’s understanding of how each of us can enter transcendent states of consciousness. His research and study have provided us with evidence that these “non-ordinary” states can grant us more robust health, an increased enthusiasm for life, an expanded worldview, and a sense of the sacred that is universal, nondenominational, and all inclusive.
- Susan Hes Logeais Experienced Founding Member with a demonstrated history of working in the entertainment industry. Award winning feature and documentary filmmaker, with experience in curating programs and organizing events. Strong entrepreneurship professional with a BA Interdisciplinary Degree focused in Transformational Entertainment and Human Consciousness, MA in Philosophy, Cosmology and Consciousness (CIIS).
The Way of the Psychonaut is a feature length documentary that explores psychedelic psychotherapy pioneer Stanislav Grof's story, how he touched filmmaker Susan Hess Logeais' life with his knowledge, and how this knowledge can profoundly change the lives of many more – but only if they are allowed to access it. The documentary also serves as a portal, through which viewers can discover information and resources that have the power to change their lives. Through the web version of the film, audiences will be able to access branch-out segments where they can learn more about Stan’s work, as well as the other visionaries who complemented his research. Links to courses, documentaries, audio files, lectures, and more will be available for anyone ready to begin their own journey of connection and inner knowledge.
- Becca Tarnas, PhD explains archetypes and how multiple perspectives can be used to define them. Each planet in our solar system represents archetypal forces and by tracking the planetary transits around the Earth, cultural shifts can be understood. This approach can show us how we might work with these forces to avoid destructive tendencies and instead, open to the transpersonal.
- Renn Butler, BA, draws from his extensive experience as a Holotropic Breathwork facilitator to explain the correlation between the 4 Basic Perinatal Matrices and the archetypes associated with each matrix. His research, based on over three decades of archetypal-astrology consultations and Holotropic Breathwork workshops, as well as thirty-five years of Jungian-Grofian dreamwork, gives him a perspective into the inner experience of the planetary transits.
- Will Keepin, PhD, completes the segment by offering an expanded understanding that incorporates his transdisciplinary background and embrace of the feminine as a means of meeting our global crisis. With his background as a mathematical physicist, pioneer of environmental science, and study of transpersonal psychology, Will offers a valuable addition to the foundation provided by Becca and Renn. Our three guests delve deep into the wisdom available through the study of archetypal astrology, incorporating insights from this study to help make sense of the influences impacting humanity throughout history.
- Stan Grof and his wife Brigitte join the dialogue, adding the historical context for the evolution of this practice.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University
To make a voluntary contribution to support the partner organizations and the Humanity Rising team, please see our contribution form.
Each Zoom live webinar will have a maximum capacity of 500 participants. If you are not able to join on Zoom, we will be live streaming here on the UbiVerse and on:
UU Facebook: ::https://www.facebook.com/UbiquityUniversityOnline::
UU YouTube: ::https://www.youtube.com/c/UbiquityUniversity::
|Navigation||Videos-Chats-Resources||Presenters||Humanity Rising Day Pages||Yesterday||Categories|
Humanity Rising Links
|HR 1-10||HR 11-20||HR 21-30||HR 31-40||HR 41-50||HR 51-60|
|HR 61-70||HR 71-83||HR 84-100||HR 101-110||HR 111-120||HR 121-130|
|HR 131-140||HR 141-150||HR 151-160||HR 161-170||HR 171-180||HR 181-190|
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218