Deep Agroecology: Our Farms, Our Food, Our Future
- --- Humanity Rising Day 242 - Thursday April 6, 2021 (GoTo Bottom)
|Videos||Today's HR Video Recording||ChatPeople Video Gallery View||ChatPeople Video Speaker View|
|Chats||Humanity Rising Chat||ChatPeople Chat|
|Resources||Ubiquity Link for Day 242 Alt Alt2|
Deep agroecology sounds like an abstract or technical concept but it's not. It's as basic as the stuff of life. In a broad sense the term describes you, your relationship with your food, with the people who touch the earth for you to bring forth your food, and with the plants, animals, and soil which make up your life-supporting food web.
We’re living in an era of historic transition. Each person, each household is shaping the present and the future with the money they spend to eat and thereby to support food systems, either good or bad. At present the dominant system is corrupted by chemicals, consolidation, polluting practices, unjust conditions for workers, and miserable circumstances for farm animals. That can all be changed, and millions of people around the world are actively working to change it in positive ways under the broad umbrella of agroecology--clean, just farms and food.
The deep agroecology approach offers emphasis to a subtle dimension, a realm of critical mystery and utmost relevance. In my conception, deep agroecology is our next natural, intelligent, and necessary evolutionary step. As a philosophy and an approach, deep agroecology strives to marry the subtle spiritual realities of human beings and planet earth into a balanced relationship with the gross physical realities of farms, food, and flesh.
Deep agroecology is a philosophical and practical guide to survival, with intimations of destiny and activation of our spiritual potential as individual human beings who are among the collective inhabitants of our earth. Supporting clean healthy farms and food is a high, noble, and heroic calling. It’s especially gallant at this juncture of time and circumstance.
Steven McFadden is an independent journalist and author of a broad range of non-fiction books on farms, food, community, and global wisdom ways. He's also the author of an epic, online nonfiction saga of North America Odyssey of the 8th Fire. Steven served as national coordinator for the annual Earth Day USA Celebration (1993), as director of The Wisdom Conservancy at Merriam Hill Education Center in Greenville, New Hampshire, and is currently director of Chiron Communications. A certified yoga instructor, and a Reiki Master of long standing, he has transmitted the Reiki healing techniques to hundreds of students across North and Central America.
- Deep Ecology - Environmental philosophy - Encyclopedia Britannica ::https://www.britannica.com/topic/deep-ecology::
- Agroecology: The Ecology of Food Systems, by C. Francis et. al The Journal of Sustainable Agriculture ::https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J064v22n03_10::
- DeepAgroecology.net - one of Steven McFadden's web sites
- Toward Deep Agroecology - Essay by Steven McFadden in The Ecologist, May 2020 ::https://theecologist.org/2020/may/04/towards-deep-agroecology::
- Deep Agroecology: Farms, Food, and Our Future - 2019 book by Steven McFadden ::https://amzn.to/2mRRh8D::
- The Call of the Land: An Agrarian Primer for the 21st Century - book by Steven McFadden ::http://amzn.to/2BYuQAV::
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University, with Sabinije von Gaffke, Entrepreneur, Change Leader, Founder, Impactfullness Ventures
|Navigation||Videos-Chats-Resources||Presenters||Humanity Rising Day Pages||Yesterday||Categories|
Humanity Rising Links
|HR 1-10||HR 11-20||HR 21-30||HR 31-40||HR 41-50||HR 51-60|
|HR 61-70||HR 71-83||HR 84-100||HR 101-110||HR 111-120||HR 121-130|
|HR 131-140||HR 141-150||HR 151-160||HR 161-170||HR 171-180||HR 181-190|
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218