Humanity Rising Day 200 – Tuesday March 9, 2021
Connecting Worlds and Wisdom
It started as a journey of a family to find a new perspective on life. It resulted in an award winning documentary and a social impact enterprise igniting people-powered change towards a more sustainable world. DOWN to EARTH premiered at the Climate Convention in Paris. It since then has evolved into a global movement that acts as a catalyst for positive people powered change. Join us for a behind the scenes talk about connecting worlds and wisdom. The film has become a tool to work with and help individuals, schools and business in using their own wisdom to create positive change.
About DOWN to EARTH film: Leaving behind their cosmopolitan life, a young family embark on the journey of a lifetime. They travel the ends of the earth searching for a new perspective on life. In their five-year journey across six continents, they live with some of the oldest indigenous communities on the planet. They gain access to tribal sages never filmed or interviewed before, without a crew or schedule, just one backpack and one camera each. And the curiosity to listen.
- Daphne Laan is Managing Director of the Down to Earth Collective, Social Impact Entrepreneur and changemaker at heart, a long time business leader in the worlds of Telco, Technology, Internet, Media & Social Impact. When Daphne was the Lead for Women@Google NL, she undertook the experiment: What happens if you follow your heart in a business context and only do the things you enjoy? Then doors will open unexpectedly...She became the lead for Women@Google NL to empower women in tech. Her mission is to bring freedom in thinking and doing, sparking a positive impact. One of the doors that opened was to The Collective. With The Board Whisperers, Daphne brings the voice to the table that needs to be represented in boardrooms and helps leaders to truly step into full potential.
- Sahil Gill is Lead Editor of the Down to Earth Collective, a change-maker with a passion for storytelling. He is an award-winning film editor and DOWN to EARTH co-creator from the very beginning. Sahil worked for 14 years on a variety of projects in the film and TV industry when he got a call from the creators of DOWN to EARTH. The question was whether he was available for three weeks to help them fine-tune the film. Three weeks eventually turned into three years! During this period, not only did the film transform, but working on DOWN to EARTH also had an irreversible impact on Sahil's life. His passion for film editing transformed into a deep commitment to wake up the world to the ideas of the Earth Keepers.
- Bas Jurres is a serial entrepreneur in the pure sense of the word. From a young age, he established a series of social and sustainable organizations. He is founder of the Lancelot Institute, the chairman of The Club of Rome Netherlands and connected to the Noongar Aboriginal Tribe from Australia. All of Bas’ activities are aimed at inspiring people and the sustainable development of individuals, systems and organizations. Bas brings a refreshing perspective on our society. Together with The DOWN to EARTH Collective, Bas works on the wisdom-based leadership programs.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University
Videos Chats & Resources of HR Day 200
- GoTo Top
- GoTo Top
Humanity Rising Links
List of Humanity Rising Day Pages
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218