Day120 Nextgen Roundtable: Global Spotlight #1
NextGen Roundtable: Global Spotlight #1
In this session, Ubiquity's NextGen Team will hear from four of our international NextGen Leaders who are working on a variety of different projects from around the world. We will learn about initiatives related to legal justice, social media regulation, social entrepreneurship, and circular consumption taking place in Sri Lanka, the United States, and beyond.
- Aritha Wickramasinghe, Director - Equality Law, iProbonoiProbono is a network of lawyers that provide access to justice to those who are denied it. We have access to a network of nearly 80,000 lawyers in 39 countries. His blog post can be found by clicking here.
- Himali De Silva, Founder of Apé. Apè ~ Bringing Magé & Obé together. (Translation: Ours ~ Bringing Mine & Yours together) Apé is an initiative to raise awareness & enable Sustainable & Circular Consumption. Follow on Instagram.
- Senel Wanniarachchi, Co-Founder/ Director, Hashtag Generation Social media tools have radically transformed the way we interact with one another and consume information. This has had serious consequences, shaping not just our personal lives but also our political lives. How can we hold big internet companies accountable to their commitments? How can we regulate content on social media platforms while leaving room for frank and open dialogue? How can we think of new ways of governing these digital communities without further empowering authoritarian rulers? Can the internet be used to drive meaningful social change beyond just “feel good” hashtag activism?
- Jack Policar, COO PhoodJack Policar has spent the last 8 years working at early-stage startups including Ubiquity University. His main focus has been on go-to-market strategy including marketing, branding, sales and partnerships. He has a deep and resolute mission to create a positive impact in the world with his main focus being on mitigating climate change and creating a sustainable future. Jack will be explaining how he got involved in the entrepreneurial world of impact and climate action as well as what he is currently working on in the higher education space.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University, with Sabinije von Gaffke, Entrepreneur, Change Leader, Founder, Impactfullness Ventures
Humanity Rising Day 120 (Date), 2020
||President of Ubiquity University and Founder Humanity Rising
||Humanity Rising, Ubiquity University
||UbiVerse Social Platform
||Humanity Rising: A Global Solutions Summit. “Transforming conversations that matter into action that makes a difference."
Paste Day From Week
Tuesday October 20, 2020 Day 120
- Resource Link for Day 120
List of Humanity Rising Day Pages
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218
- -- ----