Fundamentals of Doughnut Economics
Imagine a doughnut. Doughnut Economics makes humanity's aim to leave no one falling short in the hole in the middle, without overshooting the outer-ring of Earth's life-supporting systems. The challenge is to develop human wellbeing -- not profit or GDP or trade -- as the central focus of economic and social progress. The Doughnut model is compelling and globally scalable. It can be embraced by an individual, a household, a community, a city, a country, a region, the world. All of us everywhere can put human wellbeing at the center of all we do and develop wellbeing within ecological systems and constraints. Through the work at the University we can use the Doughnut to compare countries at a glance. It is as beautiful as it is simple.
- We are honored to have two of the foundational creators of Doughnut Economics join us today to speak about the fundamentals of Doughnut economics and lay out those cities and communities that are coming together to embrace human wellbeing aligned with ecological systems as the central organizing principle for the human future.
Humanity Rising Day 064 Friday July 24, 2020
Paste Day From Week
Friday July 24, 2020 Day 64
List of Humanity Rising Day Pages
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218
- -- ----
Stan (talk) 18:48, 30 December 2020 (EST)