Humanity Rising Day 183 – Friday February 12, 2021
|Navigation||Videos-Chats-Resources||Presenters||Humanity Rising Day Pages||Yesterday||Categories|
A Salute to Stan Grof on his 90th Birthday II: Dialogue with Rupert Sheldrake and Will Keepin
Dr. Stanislav Grof, M.D., Ph.D. is a world-renowned pioneer, theoretician, and practitioner of the transformative potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness. His groundbreaking theories have influenced depth psychology, psychiatry, and psychotherapy with his brilliant mapping of the transpersonal and perinatal dimensions of the psyche. Stan is well-known for his seminal work with LSD as a psychotherapeutic tool, beginning with his first LSD session in 1956 followed by his extensive clinical research through the 1960s and early 1970s. His use of LSD and other psychedelic substances in his psychiatric practice foreshadowed today’s widespread recognition that such substances can play an invaluable role in the treatment of many emotional and psychosomatic disorders as well as the alleviation of anxiety concerning the fear of death in terminally ill patients.
Stan was the first person to recognize that the results of LSD use for psychoanalysis were the same as what spiritual teachings have shown for thousands of years regarding non-ordinary states of consciousness. This led to his creating an award-winning cartography of the psyche that coined the term “ holotropic" as characteristic of non-ordinary states of consciousness such as meditative, mystical, or psychedelic experiences, all states which aim towards wholeness and the totality of existence.
For the past 50 years, Stan has continued his exploration of the many states of mind that can be explored without drugs by using certain breathing techniques. This holotropic breathwork (Grof® Breathwork) is an experiential method of self-exploration and psychotherapy that combines and integrates various elements from modern consciousness research, depth psychology, transpersonal psychology, Eastern spiritual philosophies, shamanism and other native healing practices. In May 2020, together with his wife Brigitte Grof, they launched their Grof® Legacy Training where students can develop theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in a large category of non-ordinary states that have a healing, transformative, heuristic, and evolutionary potential.
Stan turns 90 this July 1, Ubiquity University is collaborating with Stan, Brigitte and their Grof Legacy Training to celebrate his enormous contribution to the world’s understanding of how each of us can enter transcendent states of consciousness. His research and study have provided us with evidence that these “non-ordinary” states can grant us more robust health, an increased enthusiasm for life, an expanded worldview, and a sense of the sacred that is universal, nondenominational, and all inclusive.
In this session, award-winning film director and producer Susan Hess Logeias and Jim Garrison will moderate a panel with Rupert Sheldrake, biologist and author who has written many books on parapsychology and morphic resonance the posits that memory is inherent in Nature; and Will Keepin, Founder and CEO of the Satya Institute in Boulder, Colorado, who also founded Gender Reconciliation International which has worked to enhance male/female reconciliation.
- Rupert Sheldrake, PhD, biologist and author, describes how his professional career was impacted when Stan invited him to participate in an International Transpersonal Association conference in Bombay. This introduction to a world of consciousness research resulted in his later participation in month-long programs at Esalen. In addition, Stan’s understanding of the collective unconscious resonated with Rupert’s work in morphic resonance – the collective dimensions shared by species. His theory recognizes a transfer of information across space and time, a collective memory held in a field that informs the way species develop and evolve.
- Will Keepin, PhD, shares a blended perspective that derives from his work as a mathematical physicist, pioneer of environmental science, and comparative religions scholar. His realization that Western culture’s suppression of the feminine was foundational to both the destruction of the environment and violence against women, inspired him to found Gender Equity and Reconciliation International. A trained breathwork facilitator, Will draws from his work with Stan to include breathwork sessions into his workshops, and provides participants with an expanded understanding of the interconnected nature of reality, seamlessly weaving quantum physics and spiritual concepts into an integral world view.
- Stan Grof and his wife Brigitte join Rupert and Will to reflect on Stan’s influence on their process as visionary thinkers. Much has happened in both men’s careers since their initial interactions with Stan, and we invite them to share with us how their world view has since evolved.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University, with Sabinije von Gaffke, Entrepreneur, Change Leader, Founder, Impactfullness Ventures
To make a voluntary contribution to support the partner organizations and the Humanity Rising team, please see our contribution form.
Each Zoom live webinar will have a maximum capacity of 500 participants. If you are not able to join on Zoom, we will be live streaming here on the UbiVerse and on:
UU Facebook: ::https://www.facebook.com/UbiquityUniversityOnline::
UU YouTube: ::https://www.youtube.com/c/UbiquityUniversity::
Category - - - -
Videos Chats & Resources of HR Day 183
|Videos||Today's HR Video Recording||ChatPeople Video Gallery View||ChatPeople Video Speaker View|
|Chats||Humanity Rising Chat||ChatPeople Chat|
|Resources||Ubiquity Link for Day 183||"Humanity_Rising_Chat_Resources"#Week 1 2 3 4|
Humanity Rising Links
|HR 1-10||HR 11-20||HR 21-30||HR 31-40||HR 41-50||HR 51-60|
|HR 61-70||HR 71-83||HR 84-100||HR 101-110||HR 111-120||HR 121-130|
|HR 131-140||HR 141-150||HR 151-160||HR 161-170||HR 171-180||HR 181-190|
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218