HR!Day172 - Impact Investment for Regenerative Development, Earth Regeneration and Ecosystem
Humanity Rising Day 172 – Thursday January 28, 2021
|Navigation||Videos-Chats-Resources||Presenters||Humanity Rising Day Pages||Categories|
2021 marks the beginning of the UN Decade for Ecosystem Restoration, a call forcommitment and action for the protection and revival of ecosystems all around theworld. With healthy ecosystems, we can meet the goals that benefit the people’ssurvival, well-being, livelihood, and climate resilience.
We believe that an equitable and sustainable world can be achieved if our personal valuesare aligned to the greater good; that our individual potential is optimized to be a conduit fortransformation; that everyone is enabled, regardless of background, heritage orlocation, to have equal opportunities to evolve and actualize; all our resources, includingcapital, are deployed purposefully in projects and people where they can create the greatestpositive impact; where holistic systems accelerating change are designed, built andsupported and scaled; and we act as a collective family of humanity leaving no onebehind.
We believe that activating and channeling higher purpose-driven capital for business forcollective impact-driven enterprises is the way forward to create this new world. In themanifestation of this vision, impact investment and regenerative finance has a central role toplay.
- Jennifer Viloria Founder & CEO, IISLA Ventures. Jennifer has a wealth of experiences in investment banking, management consultancy, angel investing and entrepreneurship in Europe and Asia. She co-founded a number of social enterprises, and launched a number of initiatives that anchor sustainable food systems and rural development before she founded IISLA Ventures to channel conscious capital for rural development.
- Anjali Schiavina Founder & CEO, Mandala Apparels. Anjali Schiavina founded Mandala Apparels in 2002 as a socially conscious business and has since invested time and resources to do business in a way that creates environmental change and social and economic impact for stakeholders. After learning more about the issue of farmer suicides and the benefits of organic cotton, in 2004 the company switched to 100% organic cotton as part of a commitment to improve farmer livelihoods and food security.
- Amena Bal Regional Representative of Global Ecovillage Network Oceania and Asia. Ambassador for Global Ecovillage Network Earth Leader at Kai Farms - Permaculture i n Philippines Co-convenor of The Green Unconference Certified Green Educator from Green School Bali A Healer, published in a book called Adventures In Manifesting: Health and Happiness, Amena’s intentions and actions are directed towards wholeness,wellness, spiritual and social transformation. Her vision is to manifest health,happiness and harmony through inclusive community investments and collaborations that preserve life, encourage eco-lifestyles that foster trusting,nourishing, regenerative relationships with each other and Nature.
- Benjamin Bernabela Co-founder, Kayumanggi Organic. Having received an offer for a PhD position at the University of Warwick in 2013, Benjamin first departed for 6 months of grassroots experience in the Philippines, supporting social enterprises committed to poverty eradication. Realizing how deeply challenging the transformative work is on the ground, he did not return to England but co-founded Kayumanggi Organic, a social enterprise creating organic, healthy food products together with small-holder farmers to raise farmers’ income, improve the health of the people and regenerate the planet. Convinced that when their farmers, co-workers and customers receive the care they deserve they will naturally begin to invest in themselves, Kayumanggi Organic “invests in the dignity of the Filipino”.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University, with Sabinije von Gaffke, Entrepreneur, Change Leader, Founder, Impactfullness Ventures
Videos Chats & Resources of HR Day 172
|Videos||Today's HR Video Recording||ChatPeople Video Gallery View||ChatPeople Video Speaker View|
|Chats||Humanity Rising Chat||ChatPeople Chat|
|Resources||Ubiquity Link for Day 172||"Humanity_Rising_Chat_Resources"#Week 1 2 3 4|
Humanity Rising Links
Change & Innovation Economics & Finance Sustainability Ecology Community Governance & Politics