Humanity Rising Day 164 Monday - Monday January 18, 2021
Trump, the Attack on the US Capitol, and the Implications for Democracy in the United States
On January 6, 2021, a mob incited by President Trump stormed the Capitol building in Washington, DC as both the Senate and the House of Representatives were in session to certify the election of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the new President and Vice President of the Untied States. The attack on the Capitol left over 60 police officers wounded, five people dead including one police officer, damage to the Capitol itself and many Congressional leaders cowering in fear for several hours before the mob was expelled and the certification process was allowed to resume. This action was not a spontaneous action of an over-excited protest group. As more evidence is uncovered, it appears to have been an inside job in which the president, working with allies in the Senate, House, Pentagon, other government services and using a mob he incited, sought to stage what political observers call a “self coup” through which Trump was attempting to subvert the election and maintain power. This phase of his coup attempt failed but it left a serious wound in the collective psyche of America and stark images of a failed state circulating around the world.
To help us understand what happened and why, and how these events will shape the future, will be Shelly Alcorn, COO of Ubiquity University, who has been a commentator on these matters for Humanity Rising for the past several months.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University, with Sabinije von Gaffke, Entrepreneur, Change Leader, Founder, Impactfullness Ventures
Videos Chats Resources
Paste Day From Week
List of Humanity Rising Day Pages
- --Thanks to Malini!
- Go to Days 60 – 66 Go To Days 67–73 Go To Days 74–80 Go To Days 81–83
- Go To Days 84–88 Go To Days 89–93 Go To Days 94–98 Go To Days 99–103 Go To Days 104–108
- Go To Days 109–113 Go To Days 114–118 Go To Days 119–123 Go To UN 75th Go To Days 124–128
- Go To Days 129–133 Go To Days 134–138 Go To Days 139–143 Go To Days 144–148
- Go To Days 149–153 Go To Days 154–158 Go To Days 159–163 Go To Days 164–168
- Go To Days 169–173 Go To Days 174–178 Go To Days 179–183 Go To Days 184–188
- Go To Days 189–193 Go To Days 194–198 Go To Days 199–203 Go To Days 204–208
- Go To Days 209–213 Go To Days 214–218
- -- ----