Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential
The Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential is a unique, experimental research work of the Union of International Associations. It is currently published as a searchable online platform with profiles of world problems, action strategies, and human values that are interlinked in novel and innovative ways.
- The rapidly changing state of the world makes planning in the face of complex interconnected problems a formidable challenge.
- Our ability to conceive adequate solutions and strategies is often undermined by our lack of understanding of the nature of problems in their wider context.
- The Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential offers a radically different perspective to associations, policy-makers, social researchers and those concerned with development strategy.
- By clarifying the ways in which problems reinforce and sustain each other, the Encyclopedia shifts the level of attention from isolated problems to problem cycles, and thus to sustainable strategy cycles.
- This allows for a more holistic understanding of the environment in which global problems and strategies are situated.
- About the Encyclopedia
- Union of International Associations (UIA)
- The free "Open Yearbook"
- Global Civil Society Database
- UIA Survey on International Association Meeting Issues – 2023
- This information is part of the Open Yearbook, a free service of UIA's subscription-based Yearbook of International Organizations (YBIO). It includes profiles of non-profit organizations working worldwide in all fields of activity. The information contained in the profiles and search functionality of this free service are limited.
- The full-featured Yearbook of International Organizations (YBIO) includes over 72,500 organization profiles, additional information in the profiles, sophisticated search functionality and data export. For more information about YBIO, please click here or contact us.
- Open Calendar (International Events)
- Global Civil Society by Subject
- Global Civil Society Organizations
- Global Civil Society & the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Speculation on money markets
- Food insecurity
- Shortage of fresh-water
- Inadequate housing
- Ideological conflict
- Wikipedia Article about the Encyclopedia
- Anthony Judge's page on Wikipedia
- Anthony Judge
- Planetary Visioning Resource Page