Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Women United In Working For Peace
- The Greater Philadelphia Branch of WILPF is a part of an international women-led peace organization that has been striving for a more just world since WWI.
- The different Branches in the Philadelphia area have merged to form one branch.
- We meet monthly for branch business and have Branch events or actions quarterly.
- The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) with National Sections covering every continent, an International Secretariat based in Geneva, and a New York office focused on the work of the United Nations (UN).
- Since our establishment in 1915, we have brought together women from around the world who are united in working for peace by non-violent means and promoting political, economic and social justice for all.