Prosocial World (PW)
The word ‘prosocial’ describes an orientation toward the welfare of others and society as a whole. This might be an attitude, a behavior, or an institution. It might be directed toward family and friends or the social acceptance of all people. Ultimately, Prosocial is an entire worldview.
- Prosocial World (PW) is a non-profit organization that seeks to evolve a more prosocial world. Inspired by scientists, we take the word “evolve” seriously, basing our methods on the most recent developments in evolutionary, complex systems, and contextual behavioral science to enhance cooperation and inspire positive change for the well-being of others. Prosocial World is built upon its own Core Design Principles, fostering polycentric governance.
- The community of practice within Prosocial World has built the Prosocial ARC Process, a method for helping any group, anywhere in the world, work better together. The Prosocial ARC Process is a unique, practical, applied, behavioral approach that contributes to a significant worldwide research effort using evolutionary theory as a unifying theoretical framework.
- ARC teaches us how to develop and act on our collective consciousness with purpose, which in our view is a function of three considerations:
- Awareness of our internal thoughts
- The quality of our Relationships
- The Cultural agreements we create