National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)
Access to more than 3,100 resources… dialogue guides, D&D methods, videos, case studies, evaluation tools, articles, books, programs and more.
The National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation is a network of innovators who bring people together across divides to tackle today’s toughest challenges. NCDD serves as a gathering place, a resource clearinghouse, a news source, and a facilitative leader for this extraordinary community of practice. Above all, NCDD provides opportunities for members of the broadly-defined dialogue and deliberation ("D&D") community to share knowledge, inspire one another, build collaborative relationships, and have a greater collective impact.
- Dialogue and deliberation processes tend to use skilled facilitators and carefully constructed ground rules or agreements to ensure that all participants are heard and are treated as equals.
- Dialogue and deliberation are most useful when people see a discrepancy between what is happening and what they think should be happening in the world or on an issue–yet there is no widespread agreement or shared understanding about what specifically should change.
- In her book Getting a Grip, NCDD member Frances Moore Lappe asks a powerful question:
- “Why are we as societies creating a world that we as individuals abhor?”
- NCDD members help people bridge this gap on some of our most challenging public issues.