Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Jean-Christophe Bas is the founder of Connecters for Peace, an international NGO that will be launched in September 2021. He has been holding senior policy positions with Inter Governmental Organizations during the past twenty years.
- From 2008 till 2014, he was the Head of Strategic Development and Partnerships at the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) in New York, an initiative of the UN Secretary General aimed at improving understanding and cooperation among cultures and peoples and building inclusive societies.
- Jean-Christophe has forged innovative initiatives with major world corporate brands (BMW Group; Vivendi ; Silicon Valley firms; Education First…) to enhance intercultural understanding and cooperation ; he has been designing and heading the world campaign “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” aimed at building a world movement in support of Diversity with partners such as UNESCO, the Red Cross, American Airlines; Civicus; Intel; Deloitte.
- From 2018 to 2020, he was the CEO and chairman of the executive Board of the Dialogue of Civilizations ( DOC ) Institute in Berlin. DOC is a prominent international think tank, its goal is to provide a platform bringing leaders and influencers from all cultures and civilizations to forge shared worldviews through dialog.
- In 2014 and 15, Jean-Christophe served as Director of Democratic Citizenship and Participation at the Council of Europe, running a team of approximately 160 staff dedicated to foster democratic competences , participation and responsible citizenship and fighting radicalization and extremism.
- From 1999 to 2008, he was the Head of Policy Dialogue at the World Bank and set up innovative mechanisms of strategic engagement with key decision and opinion makers around the World on Development and Poverty eradication. Prior to this, Jean-Christophe was the first Executive Director of the Aspen Institute in France (1994-1999), chaired by the former French Prime Minister Raymond Barre. Jean-Christophe is the author of EUROPE A LA CARTE (Editions du Cherche-Midi), a book of reflections on European identity published in English and in French in November 2009 at the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall
- Participation on Humanity Rising
- Day 284 Mon 7/5 Fractured Societies: How can we put them back together? Leveraging the power of the Connectors to combat Polarization
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) Where Jean-Christophe has been a leader.