Governing for Living Peace
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page will contain ideas for developing governing patterns that prioritize cooperation and inclusion.
Interview with Kurt K. about Department of Peace https://www.facebook.com/ConnectingtheworldShow/videos/144035284138896
Prioritizing Diplomacy Through Peace
Department of Peace Origins
- 1793: Benjamin Rush, Founding Father https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Peace
- 1947: Representative Everett Dirksen (R-Illinois) introduced a bill for “A Peace Division in the State Department”.
- 1955 to 1968: Eighty-five Senate and House of Representative bills were introduced calling for a United States Department of Peace.
- 2005 This legislation was introduced into the U.S. Senate (S. 1756) and re-introduced into the U.S. House of Representatives (H.R. 3760) in September of 2005.
Truth and Reconciliation Commissions
- Truth Commission
- International Truth And Reconciliation Commissions