The P2P Foundation (officially, The Foundation for P2P Alternatives) is a non-profit organization and global network dedicated to advocacy and research of commons-oriented peer to peer (P2P) dynamics in society.
P2P is an abbreviation of “peer to peer”, sometimes also described as “person to person” or “people to people”. The essence of P2P is this direct relationship, and its core characteristics include:
- Creation of common goods through open, participatory production and governance processes
- Universal access guaranteed through licenses such as Creative Commons, GPL, Peer Production Licence.
- Video: THE COOPERATIVE MODEL REVISITED Michel Bauwens (34 Minutes 13 Seconds)
- How the P2P Foundation Does High-Level Coordination (Using Loomio)
- Distributed Cooperative Organization DisCo
- Post Growth Institute
- P2P Lab
- The Next System
- David Pinto - Sqale - Pay It Forward
- Commons Foundation On Wikidelphia
- Collective Intelligence