HR!Day589 - Building Bridges of Poetic Healing in a Burning World
- --- Humanity Rising Day 589 - Thursday November 24, 2022 (GoTo Bottom)
|Today's HR Video Recording
|AfterChat Video Gallery View
(We all give thanks... and Shannon talks about her trip to Egypt & Visits with friends)
|Speaker View Discontinued
|Humanity Rising Chat
|Ubiquity Link for Day 589 Alt Alt2
|Info: How To Access Humanity Rising
|List: Humanity Rising Day Pages
Amidst several planetary crises of our fragmented burning world, poetry has a vital role to witness and to heal our relationship with ourselves, each other, and Mother Earth. In this session, multi-disciplinary poet, eco-artist, and climate justice advocate Neha Misra will share her transatlantic journey in poems.
Neha’s expansive worldview witnesses human complexity while rising beyond binaries across borders and hemispheres.Her poetry depicts a world based on radical vision, vivid experiential knowledge, and deep multi-cultural anchors. She dares to imagine a world in which art and care are the revolutionary acts we need to turn our various human disasters around and upside-down until we can see it all differently. Turning around, starting again. And in doing so, her poetry becomes a shared balm, a prayer, and a revolution.
- Neha Misra I नेहा मिश्रा is a first generation immigrant poet, contemporary eco-folk visual artist, and an award winning global climate justice advocate. Neha’s Earth stewardship centered multi-disciplinary studio builds bridges between private, collective, and planetary healing through the power of art. Neha grew up in the heart of India’s capital New Delhi whose soulful vibrancy is a part of her creative DNA. America's capital region is her adopted home where she embodies powerful creative reclamations of (re)imagination for transformational world building. In a reductionist world, Neha fosters conversations about possibilities of wholeness that can emerge by embracing the physical and metaphysical, complex and simple, old and new. In 2022, Neha was selected as a Public Voices Fellow on the Climate Crisis — an initiative of the OpEd project and Yale Program on Climate Change Communication to change who writes history. Neha is a Presidential Leadership Scholar, and a Regenerative Artivist with the Design Science Studio – an initiative of the Buckminster Fuller Institute and habRitual. She serves as the inaugural Global Ambassador for non-profit Remote Energy which is making the global solar energy movement more inclusive for people of color, especially women. She has been featured in National Geographic Magazine, Forbes, Ms. Magazine, Mothers of Invention, and The Washington Post.
- Dehanna Rice a Health Visionary and former dancer that bridges Ancient Healing Practices with Modern Evidence-based Science. She is a Newyorker, now living in the Bay Area, that has practiced for the past 25+ years Polarity Therapy, the original "Energy-Work" model that started in 1950's Chicago by Dr. Randolph Stone and is a Certified Hypnotherapist that uses "Imagery", one of the worlds oldest and most powerful healing tools.
- Shannon McArthur - Our Planet, Gaia is alive! She gave me a promise of Peace and a Plan for the transformation of Human society. My purpose is to bring Gaia consciousness to people’s lives to help Her be heard in their hearts. She speaks to each of us individually! Her gifts mystify, uphold and inspire me – I write about them, speak about them, am moved by them.
- Jim Garrison, President, Ubiquity University
46 Participants ---
To make a voluntary contribution to support the partner organizations and the Humanity Rising team, please see our contribution form.
Each Zoom live webinar will have a maximum capacity of 500 participants. If you are not able to join on Zoom, we will be live streaming here on the UbiVerse and on:
UU YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/UbiquityUniversity